Monday, July 26, 2010

On having a published price list

I view each job as a custom order. Since there are so many mills making different styles of shirts, and they all have their own characteristics, I stopped using a set of published prices a few years back. I tried it in the past and found that when my price list called for an Anvil 976, 100% cotton shirt, and you want American Apparel 2100s, I had to turn around and give you a custom price anyway.
Also, unless its a reprint, I like having a look at the art before I gave a quote. This is especially important with multicolor work.
There are a lot of screen printers out there giving different levels of price, service and quality. Low advertised prices will attract new business, but quality and service generates loyal customers. I am always looking for new customers, with the hope of forming long lasting partnerships with them.

1 comment: